Saturday 30 May 2015

Preparing to return and a last minute issue

On Friday evening I prepared for the flight back across the channel. It would have been too far to make it in a single leg back to Bedfordshire so I decided to land at Damyns Hall near Hornchurch. Filed my flight plan and UK Border Force notifications for the flight, put in an online request to Damyns Hall to land their, and I was good to go.

Saturday morning making my final checks I looked at the notam (notices to airmen) for my intended route through France and the UK and found that Damyns Hall was shut for the weekend for a rock concert.

Argh.

Had to replan the flight, and the customs notification, deciding to go into Stoke Microlight airfield near Rochester, Kent.

Then as I was packing the plane I received a phone call from Southend Border Force who had noticed my last minute change in flight plan and wanted to know why. They were ok when I explained the reasons why but for a minute I'm sure that I was being flagged on the computer as a suspicious flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment