Monday 25 May 2015

La Rochelle at last

After a lot of faffing about, finally on the way to La Rochelle.

I pulled the bar in on my flexwing and was going flat out at 75-80 mph, and Donald tried to fly as slow as me by doing big S curves behind me.

Donald did all the radio calls to enter the controlled air space and pretty quickly we were downwind for 27.

I did my best to do a decently long final approach but it was really blowing, so my 70 mph through the air was resulting in just 40 mph over the ground and Donald behind was struggling.

Got down ok but Donald had to go around, and then had to circle whilst a Ryanair flight came in.
I meanwhile was getting lost taxiing around trying to find somewhere to park. Not helped by the air traffic who got left and right muddled up.

No comments:

Post a Comment